Whipped Feta, Roasted Fig, Honey, Dill & Mint On Toast.
I wanted to share with you a quick and simple recipe: whipped feta cheese, figs, honey, dill and mint on toast.
Figs are in season from late Summer to early Autumn, and I love toasts (or "tartines" as the French call them), so I've decided to whip up (pun intended) this delicious treat, great for breakfast or brunch.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1 soft fig
- 2 slices of bread of your choice ( I've used "pain de campagne")
- 100g of crumbled feta cheese
- 100g of water
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- Put the feta in a food processor, add the water and blend until you get a creamy texture, but not smooth. (I think it's more interesting to have small bits of feta left, as it gives some texture).
- Toast the slices of bread in your oven or a toaster
- Cut your fig into 6 slices (from top to bottom) Place them on a baking tray and bake them for 5 minutes at 170°C. (Figs have a lot of sugar, so no need to add some when roasting them).
- Spread your whipped feta on the toasted bread slices.
- Add 3 slices of figs on each toast.
- Sprinkle the chopped mint and dill.
- Drizzle the honey on top.